Welcome to the New York Arts Practicum application portal. Please read these instructions in full before beginning your application. The link to create your username and begin your application is at the bottom of the page.
The deadline for summer 2019 applications is March 11th at 11:59 pm EST.
Before you begin
The application will ask you to submit the following information:
- Basic personal information
- Two recommendation letters. Please have your recommenders email their letters to info [at] artspracticum [dot] org before the application deadline. (If your recommenders need extra time, please email us—we can grant a one-week extension.)
- A short statement about your work
- A short statement about why you want to participate in the Practicum
- A list of your top four mentors, with explanations of why you’d like to work with each mentor. Please refer to this list of mentors and Practicum descriptions.
- A portfolio of 10 images, or 5 images + 1 video. The images may be hosted on a website, FTP service, Dropbox link, or uploaded directly to the application site. Video should be hosted on Vimeo or YouTube.
We recommend you prepare your essays in a word processor and copy and paste them into the application. You can save a draft of your working application, though you must "complete" all required fields: you may enter placeholder text in order to save a draft of your application.
How to submit your application
Once you’re done with your application, you’ll follow the payment link in the application portal to submit your non-refundable $45 application fee. Paying the fee constitutes submitting the application. There is no final “submit” button you need to press. Once we receive your submission fee, we’ll begin reviewing your application, and you will no longer be able view or make any changes to your application.
Applicants demonstrating financial need may request a partial or total fee waver by emailing info [at] artspracticum [dot] org.
Tuition and Financial Aid
Tuition for the program is $2900. Financial aid in the form of tuition remission will be awarded in increments ranging from $500–$1500. If you’d like to apply for financial aid or tuition work exchange, you will be asked to provide a digital copy of your FAFSA including your Effective Family Contribution (EFC).
For more on tuition, please see this section of the FAQ.